About the Tournament
The 4th Annual Archbishop’s Golf Tournament for Seminarian Formation will be held on August 13, 2020 at Moose Run Golf Course (Hill Course). Tee time is 8:00 am.
All proceeds from the Archbishop’s Golf Tournament benefit our Seminarian Formation Program.
The tournament is played in a four-person scramble format:
- Each player tees off. Select the best drive from the four shots. Move to the site of the best drive.
- Each player takes a second shot. Select the best shot from the four, and move to its site. Continue to hit or putt a third shot.
- The maximum score for any hole is a bogey (for example, a par 3’s maximum score is 4). If you reach a bogey, pick up and move on.
- Scoring will be done on the Moose Run app (available for iPhone and Android). One person per team keeps score digitally.
Historically, in June, the Archdiocese of Anchorage holds the Annual Archbishop’s Golf Tournament for seminarian formation. It is a full round of golf, fellowship, and fun(draising) to support Seminarian Formation. This year is like no other, and we are responding by going bigger, broader, and longer.
Instead of planning for 100+ golfers, anyone and everyone can participate and show their support – even from your own home by donating your registration fee to the event if you cannot golf – we’ll even send you a tournament shirt.
We recognize and are sensitive to the conditions for gathering that COVID -19 has imposed, so we are modifying our format and we are very excited about the changes:
- Date moved to Thursday, August 13, 2020, at the Moose Run/Hill Course (near JBER/Arctic Valley).
- No shot-gun start with the regulations on group gatherings, which the course is following with good protocol. Therefore, tee times start at 8:00 am, and teams will go out every ten minutes.
- Carts are limited to one person per cart, and as you can imagine, there are not enough carts for everyone, but two sets of clubs can be driven, and walkers will get some good steps in.
- Early Morning tee time? We have you covered with coffee and a light “mobile” Breakfast before your warm-up starting at 7:30 am.
- Late Morning tee time? We Still have you covered with coffee and packaged snacks – or come early enough to eat your lunch before you go out.
- There will be no official Awards Luncheon and program with close seating this year due to COVID restrictions. During the day you will learn more about our seminarians and the journey they are on, and Dcn. Kevin Klump will be on the course helping with some “Divine Intervention” (see below for details).
- Lunch will be provided by the Grizzly Grill and golfers are welcome to eat outside the Clubhouse when you finish your game in socially distanced format – or you can take it with you.
- Bishop Andrew Bellisario will be golfing and socializing as golfers go out or come in.
The latest updates will be posted right here. Once you register, we will send you email updates if anything changes.
If you have any questions, contact Laurie Evans-Dinneen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 297-7789.
The following contests are included in the tournament:
- Closest to the Pin (men’s and women’s)
- Longest Drive (men’s and women’s)
- Best Team Score
Door prizes for attendance will also be awarded during the luncheon and Awards Ceremony.
Everybody needs a little help sometimes! The following golf aids may be purchased in advance, or on the day of the tournament:
- Mulligan: an extra shot. The Divine Intervention Package comes with two of these.
- Drop a Ball: at any one hole in the game, you may skip the first drive and drop the ball at the 200 yard mark. The Divine Intervention Package comes with one.
- Holy Hand Grenade: You may throw or toss your ball to improve your lie. One toss per grenade. The Divine Intervention Package comes with one, but you may buy extras for $10/each.
- String: a three-foot putt extender. Each time you use it, your string gets a little shorter. For example, use 1 foot here, six inches there, and a foot and a half at a third hole. Or, use all three feet at once! The Divine Intervention Package comes with three feet of string, but you may buy extras for $10/each.
A full Divine Intervention Packet costs $40. You may purchase four packets for your team (one for each team member) at the discounted price of $150.
Bonus! For an extra $10, turn your Par 5 into a Par 4 with a Long Drive by Deacon Kevin Klump at the forward tee box.
Divine Intervention fine print: you may not use these aids on contest holes, and aids must be used by the purchaser: they cannot be shared.
Support the Tournament
Take your support to the next level! You may be interested in:
We are currently accepting registrations for individual players and teams of up to 4 people. The cost per golfer includes 18 holes, lunch, a goodie bag, and an awards ceremony.
Because Moose Run is a military-affiliated course, this year, we are able to provide a military discount to active duty military. All participants receiving a military discount must present a military ID during registration or will be charged the civilian price. Thank you for your service to our country.
- Civilian: $150/person
- Active Duty Military (E5+): $120/person
- Active Duty Military (E1-E4): $110/person
***Please make sure to complete all *asterisked* fields and that the “Thanks for registering” page loads after you press the “Submit” button.
A copy of your registration form will be automatically emailed to you after you register. If you need to make any changes after submission, or do not receive this email, please contact Anna directly at email@example.com.