As of right now, the Golf Tournament is still on for June 4, 2020. We are making contingency plans in case we need to postpone the event. The latest updates will be posted right here.
Once you register, we will send you email updates if anything changes.
If we have to change the date, and you can no longer attend, we will refund your registration fee.
If you have any questions, contact Laurie Evans-Dinneen at email@example.com or (907) 297-7789.
About the Tournament
The 4th Annual Archbishop’s Golf Tournament for Seminarian Formation will be held on June 4, 2020 at Moose Run Golf Course (Creek Course). Tee time is 7:00 am.
All proceeds from the Archbishop’s Golf Tournament benefit our Seminarian Formation Program.
The tournament is played in a four-person scramble format:
- Each player tees off. Select the best drive from the four shots. Move to the site of the best drive.
- Each player takes a second shot. Select the best shot from the four, and move to its site. Continue to hit or putt a third shot.
- The maximum score for any hole is a bogey (for example, a par 3’s maximum score is 4). If you reach a bogey, pick up and move on.
The following contests are included in the tournament:
- Closest to the Pin (men’s and women’s)
- Longest Drive (men’s and women’s)
- Best Team Score
Door prizes for attendance will also be awarded during the luncheon and Awards Ceremony.
Everybody needs a little help sometimes! The following golf aids may be purchased in advance, or on the day of the tournament:
- Mulligan: an extra shot. The Divine Intervention Package comes with two of these.
- Drop a Ball: at any one hole in the game, you may skip the first drive and drop the ball at the 200 yard mark. The Divine Intervention Package comes with one.
- Holy Hand Grenade: You may throw or toss your ball to improve your lie. One toss per grenade. The Divine Intervention Package comes with one, but you may buy extras for $10/each.
- String: a three-foot putt extender. Each time you use it, your string gets a little shorter. For example, use 1 foot here, six inches there, and a foot and a half at a third hole. Or, use all three feet at once! The Divine Intervention Package comes with three feet of string, but you may buy extras for $10/each.
A full Divine Intervention Packet costs $40. You may purchase four packets for your team (one for each team member) at the discounted price of $150.
Divine Intervention fine print: you may not use these aids on contest holes, and aids must be used by the purchaser: they cannot be shared.
Support the Tournament
Take your support to the next level! You may be interested in:
We are currently accepting registrations for individual players and teams of up to 4 people. The cost per golfer includes 18 holes, lunch, a goodie bag, and an awards ceremony.
Because Moose Run is a military-affiliated course, this year, we are able to provide a military discount to active duty military. All participants receiving a military discount must present a military ID during registration or will be charged the civilian price. Thank you for your service to our country.
- Civilian: $150/person
- Active Duty Military (E5+): $120/person
- Active Duty Military (E1-E4): $110/person