2017 Award Recipients
Congratulations to all the St. Francis Stewardship Nominees and Award Recipients. This year’s Award Recipients are Alex Zerbinos – Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Calvin Williams – St. Anthony’s Parish, Conce Rock – St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Jim and Sally Seeley- St. Benedict’s Parish, Kateri Everard – St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Lucena Lagman – Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patricia Kennish – St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Rowena Carrillo – Holy Family Cathedral. Also Mary Lou Michels was honored with our first ever “Little Way” Award inspired by St. Therese of Lisieux. Thank you to all the stewards of the Archdiocese of Anchorage for sharing your many gifts and talents.
The St. Francis Stewardship Awards formally recognizes those dedicated individuals and groups throughout the Archdiocese of Anchorage who serve generously in support of the work of the Church in their parishes. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in a pastoral letter defined stewardship as, “an expression of discipleship, with the power to change how we understand and live out our lives…Indeed, good stewards live in communion with Christ and through Christ and the Spirit strive to return all gifts to the Father ‘with an increase.’” It is that increase we seek to honor. Not for any earthly reward, but so that we may together celebrate the ties of love that bind together our local Church.
2017 NOMINATIONS PROCESS AND RULES
- The Archdiocese will honor five top stewards, couples, and/or groups from across the Archdiocese.
- Nomination materials are being collected by the Archdiocese Office of Stewardship and Development staff and will be gathered in a packet and given to the Archbishop’s Awards Committee with instructions for selection.
- The individual or group nominated is to be Catholic and reside in the Archdiocese of Anchorage.
- While we recognize that paid Parish Staff and Clergy serve generously, we ask that you limit your nominations to recognize the impact of unpaid stewards.
- All nominations will be submitted to the Archdiocese of Anchorage Office of Stewardship and Development staff, who will issue the certificate of appreciation, signed by the Archbishop.
- The committee will forward award recipient recommendations and applications for the Archbishop’s review and approval.
- Recipients will be announced in parish bulletins, Archdiocese website/Facebook, in October/November and will be featured in an ad in the Catholic Anchor in November. A dinner will be held to honor the recipient on October 5, 2017.