The St. Francis Stewardship Awards formally recognizes those dedicated individuals and groups throughout the Archdiocese of Anchorage who serve generously in support of the work of the Church in their parishes. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in a pastoral letter defined stewardship as, “an expression of discipleship, with the power to change how we understand and live out our lives…Indeed, good stewards live in communion with Christ and through Christ and the Spirit strive to return all gifts to the Father ‘with an increase.’” It is that increase we seek to honor. Not for any earthly reward, but so that we may together celebrate the ties of love that bind together our local Church.
2017 NOMINATIONS PROCESS AND RULES
- The Archdiocese will honor five top stewards, couples, and/or groups from across the Archdiocese.
- Nomination materials are being collected by the Archdiocese Office of Stewardship and Development staff and will be gathered in a packet and given to the Archbishop’s Awards Committee with instructions for selection.
- The individual or group nominated is to be Catholic and reside in the Archdiocese of Anchorage.
- While we recognize that paid Parish Staff and Clergy serve generously, we ask that you limit your nominations to recognize the impact of unpaid stewards.
- All nominations will be submitted to the Archdiocese of Anchorage Office of Stewardship and Development staff, who will issue the certificate of appreciation, signed by the Archbishop.
- The committee will forward award recipient recommendations and applications for the Archbishop’s review and approval.
- Recipients will be announced in parish bulletins, Archdiocese website/Facebook, in October/November and will be featured in an ad in the Catholic Anchor in November. A dinner will be held to honor the recipient on October 5, 2017.