How to Report Abuse?

In the event that you suspect or have been told that a child or vulnerable adult has been abused, or you are aware of the viewing or possessing child pornography, it is important that you contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. Bringing the matter to light is a step toward healing. IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 911

How to make a report?

  • Call your local law enforcement agency as soon as possible
  • Alaska State Troopers:
    • Anchorage Detachment—907-269-5511
      (Anchorage, Eagle River, Cooper Landing, Cordova, Dillingham, Girdwood, Homer, Kenai, Kodiak, Naknek, Ninilchik, Seward, Soldotna, Unalaska)
    • Palmer Detachment—907-745-2131
      (Big Lake, Glenallen, Palmer, Talkeetna, Trapper Creek, Valdez, Wasilla, Willow)

If the abuse has been perpetrated by clergy or other church personnel, contact the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Director, Jenny Michaelson at 907-297-7736.

Who to Call for Assistance and Support?

  • Archdiocesan Victim’s Assistance Coordinator, 907-297-7786
  • Archdiocesan Safe Environment Director, Jenny Michaelson: 907-297-7736
  • Office of Children’s Services: 1-800-478-4444
  • Alaska Adult Protective Services: 1-800-478-9996
  • STAR, Standing Together Against Rape: 1-800-478-8999
  • Alaska Cares: 877-561-8301

Additional Resources


© 2020 Archdiocese of Anchorage. All rights reserved.   Site Credits   Site Map

Connect with us: