In the event that you suspect or have been told that a child or vulnerable adult has been abused, or are aware of use of child pornography, it is important that you contact the appropriate authorities immediately.
How to make a report
- Document the information of the situation, using the Archdiocesan report form (.pdf)
- Call your local law enforcement agency or 911.
- After being reported to civil authorities, contact your Supervisor, and follow the conversation with the written report.
- If the abuse has been perpetrated by clergy or other church personnel, contact the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Director, Jenny Michaelson – 297-7736
Who to Call for Assistance and Support?
- Archdiocesan Victim’s Assistance Coordinator, Heidi Carson: 907-297-7786
- Archdiocesan Safe Environment Director, Jenny Michaelson: 907-297-7736
- Office of Children’s Services: 1-800-478-4444
- Alaska Adult Protective Services: 1-800-478-9996
- STAR, Standing Together Against Rape: 1-800-478-8999
- Alaska Cares: 877-561-8301
- Click for list of local law enforcement contact numbers (.pdf)
- Click for How To Report Brochure English (.pdf) or Spanish (.pdf)