Mission Statement: To empower Native Leadership in roles of Worship, Evangelization,
Peace and Justice, and Cultural Preservation.
Goals and Objectives: Through the intercession of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, we…
- Nurture our relationship with God by supporting each other as members of the Archdiocesan Kateri Circles; breaking open the word weekly and saying the Rosary together asking the Blessed Mother to pray and watch over us.
- Incorporate our Christian Values with Alaska Native Traditions in our Eucharistic Liturgies through our native songs, dance, food, and clothing to support each other in our Faith Journey.
- Advocate for Peace and Justice by supporting Faith Actions in the greater communities especially those instituted and supported by the Catholic Church.
- Encourage healing through forgiveness and reconciliation by making sure that Spiritual Care is present wherever and whenever our brothers and sisters are gathered, may that be at the ANMC (Alaska Native Medical Center and/or funeral homes.
- Continue to form our Faith by taking part in Faith Sharing groups, e.g. RENEW, attend diocesan and nationwide conferences to be more confident in spreading the good news and practice new Evangelization.
Activities and Events:
- Weekly Kateri Circle Meetings in Anchorage (St. Anthony) and the Valley (Sacred Heart & St. Michaels)
- 11:00 AM Sunday Mass at ANMC (Alaska Native Medical Center) Conference Room #2
- Monthly Third Saturday Vigil Mass at St. Anthony Parish
- Yearly Events: Feast of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, Faith Walk, Choose Respect, AFN, AFACT Actions, VIA, etc.
- Conferences: Religious Education Congress and Tekakwitha Conference
Call Sr. Frances Vista, DC at 907-297-7777 or send a message using our Archdiocesan contact form
July 14th– Feast Day. Patron Saint of the Environment.
Prayer to Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
By: Harold Caldwell
O Saint Kateri, Lily of the Mohawks,
Your love for Jesus,
so strong, so steadfast,
pray that we may become like you.
Your short and painful life
showed us your strength and humility.
Pray that we may become
forever humble like you.
Like the bright and shining stars at night,
we pray that your light
may forever shine down upon us,
giving light, hope, peacefulness
and serenity in our darkest moments.
Fill our hearts, Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
with your same love for Jesus
and pray that we may have the strength and courage
to become one like you in Heaven.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.