Catholic Native Ministry
Mission Statement: To empower Native Leadership in roles of Worship, Evangelization,
Peace and Justice, and Cultural Preservation.
Goals and Objectives: Through the intercession of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, we
• Nurture our relationship with God by supporting each other as members of the Archdiocesan Kateri Circles; breaking open the word weekly and saying the Rosary together asking the Blessed Mother to pray and watch over us.
• Incorporate our Christian Values with Alaska Native Traditions in our Eucharistic Liturgies through our native songs, dance, food, and clothing to support each other in our Faith Journey.
• Advocate for Peace and Justice by supporting Faith Actions in the greater communities especially those instituted and supported by the Catholic Church.
• Encourage healing through forgiveness and reconciliation by making sure that Spiritual Care is present wherever and whenever our brothers and sisters are gathered, may that be at the ANMC (Alaska Native Medical Center and/or funeral homes.
• Continue to form our Faith by taking part in Faith Sharing groups, e.g. RENEW, attend diocesan and nationwide conferences to be more confident in spreading the good news and practice new Evangelization.
Activities and Events:
• Weekly Kateri Circle Meetings in Anchorage (St. Anthony) and the Valley (Sacred Heart & St. Michaels)
• 11:00 AM Sunday Mass at ANMC (Alaska Native Medical Center) Conference Room #2
• Monthly Third Saturday Vigil Mass at St. Anthony Parish
• Yearly Events: Feast of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, Faith Walk, Choose Respect, AFN, AFACT Actions, etc.
• Conferences: Religious Education Congress and Tekakwitha Conference
Mission Statement: To reach Hispanic Catholics in the Archdiocese of Anchorage. We recognize that the Hispanic presence in our Church is a blessing. That people of many different nationalities bring with them, beautiful and useful gifts that we embrace as a broader community. We work to build stronger bonds of faith throughout the entire Catholic community.
Catholic Native & Hispanic Ministry Contact
Call Sr. Frances Vista, DC at 907-297-7741 or send a message using our Archdiocesan contact form