Service Immersion Trip to Dillingham, Alaska
Date(s) - Jun 24 - Jun 29
Add this event to your calendar iCal
Service Immersion Trip to Dillingham, Alaska: June 24 – 29, 2018
- Who is it for? Teens entering Grades 9 & Higher in the Fall 2018 are invited to this service immersion trip to Dillingham, Alaska.
- How does someone register? Register & pay online at archdioceseofalaska.org or print and complete the 2018 DLG Service Immersion Trip paperwork and mail with a deposit of $200 to the attention of Matthew Beck, AOA (Archdiocese of Anchorage), 225 Cordova Street, Anchorage, AK 99501. Registration ends on March 15, 2018.
- What’s the Cost? The total cost of the trip is $888.00, payable to the Archdiocese of Anchorage. Included in this cost are airfare, food, ground transportation in Dillingham, and some basic supplies for daily activities. Not included are luggage fees, souvenirs, and luxury items.
- How and when to I pay? Is there a payment schedule? You can pay online with a credit card if you register online. Otherwise, a check in the amount of $200 must accompany registration forms before March 15. If you want to make payments, rather than pay the full amount to begin with, the payment schedule is as follows: $200 Due March 15; $250 Due April 15; $250 Due May 15; $188 Due June 15.
- What if I have to cancel after I register? You may cancel with a full refund until March 25. After March 25 and before June 15, in order to receive a refund of any money already paid to the Archdiocese of Anchorage, a substitute participant must be available to take your place. Without a substitute after March 25 and before June 15, any payment made to the Archdiocese of Anchorage is non-refundable. After June 15, no substitutes may be made, and all paid funds are forfeited with a cancellation.
- What about fundraising? Talk with your home parish youth ministry coordinator about participating in this trip. Parish groups may decide to fundraise together to help offset the cost, but the minimum amount listed is due for each person participating in this trip on the dates for payment listed above.
- What kind of work will we do? The work may be physically demanding during this trip. Participants should bring gloves and appropriate work clothes that can get dirty. Weather may also vary from sunny to rainy, so all will need to be prepared for all kinds of weather with jackets, hats, and raingear.
- How many can register? Space is limited and filled on a first come basis. Once space is filled, teens may be placed on a waiting list, but reimbursed the deposit if room does not open up for them to participate.
- How do I avoid additional costs with Alaska Airlines for luggage? All participants should be members of the Alaska Airlines Mileage Program and Club 49, so they won’t have to pay for their luggage. It is free to sign up at alaskaair.com. This should be done well before departure because it may take several days for the benefits to begin.
- Who can I contact for further information about the Service Immersion Trip to Dillingham, Alaska? Matthew Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-297-7734.
- Download the 2018 DLG Service Immersion Trip Paperwork