Listening Sessions with Archbishop Etienne
Date(s) - Apr 18
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Add this event to your calendar iCal
A series of Listening Sessions are now scheduled across the Archdiocese. All are welcome to the listening sessions with Archbishop Etienne. Dates, times and locations are listed below:
• April 18 | 7:00PM – Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral
• April 27 | 7:00PM – Saint Christopher by the Sea, Dutch Harbor
• May 6 | 11:30AM – Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Soldotna
• May 26-29 | Saint Mary’s, Kodiak
Archbishop Etienne is interested in hearing from as many people as possible about our mission as a Church here in the Archdiocese of Anchorage. To help people prayerfully prepare to give input, here is some basic information about the make-up of these sessions.
Archbishop Etienne will share a brief reflection of his own observations and some basic principles on the fundamental mission of the Church. Specifically, the Archbishop will explain the five principles which are at the core of the Church’s mission, as outlined by Pope Francis :
Encounter – Accompany – Dialogue – Discern – Integrate
The rest of the evening (which we hope to limit to no more than 90 minutes) will be an opportunity for people to share their thoughts / hopes / dreams with the Archbishop and others who are gathered.
What these sessions are NOT:
• Not a time to express complaints or concerns
• Not a time to ask the Archbishop questions (he is coming to LISTEN)
Some Guiding Questions:
• Recognizing that the faith is lived primarily in the parish and in daily life, what is presently working well within your parish? What could be done better?
• How can we (parishes) help parishioners better live their faith? How do we provide moments for people to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ? (Encounter)
• How well does our parish welcome people? Pope Francis is calling us to ‘accompany’ others in their faith journey, no matter where they may be in that walk. Do people feel accepted in our parishes? Judged? Rejected? How do we improve on this front?
• What is God’s dream for us as Church today? (Discernment)
• Where is the Holy Spirit leading us – calling us to be as Church today? (Discernment)
• How well do we recognize the many different gifts which are present in the members of the church? And how well do we call forth those gifts and empower people to use their gifts for building up God’s Kingdom?
• How can the Archdiocese better support our parishes and pastoral ministers? (Accompany)