Archdiocesean Catholic Schools
As of January 2010, five schools are now members of the Archdiocese of Anchorage Catholic School System.
Our Catholic schools strive to offer each student unique experiences in a faith-based environment that develops outstanding citizens for our country and strong Christian leaders for the church. It is our desire that every student recognizes the importance of their personal role in making this world a better place for all of God’s people today and throughout the future.
Small student-to-teacher ratios provide individual attention for each child and offer the opportunity to challenge students to the excitement of learning and the achievement of their full potential. Strong academics, the development of personal faith and spiritual values, a variety of sports programs, extracurricular activities, and the encouragement to live out the gospel message through service to others, enables our students to make a great contribution to the entire community.
Catholic Schools Upcoming Activities
- Lumen Christi Catholic High School – 8110 Jewel Lake Road
– August 3 | Registration
– August 21 | First day of school (Mass with Archbishop Etienne)
– August 25 | Back to School Night
- Holy Rosary Academy – 1010 West Fireweed Lane
- Our Lady of the Valley School – Wasilla
– August 13 | Back to school BBQ open to all 1-3 Sacred Heart Parish
– August 14|First day of school
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School – 2901 East Huffman Road
– August 8 | School Board Meeting – 7:00PM
– August 15 | Kindergarten Back to School Night – 6:30PM
– August 16 | Back to School Night 6:30PM
– August 21 | Students First Day
- St. Mary’s School – Kodiak
You are encouraged to learn more about these schools by calling to request information, asking for a personal tour or just visiting their websites. See our Catholic School Directory.
Why Catholic Schools?
We are often asked, by the many people we meet, why anyone would want to choose attending a Catholic School? The answer is quite simple and obvious. Based on a great deal of personal testimony and the very latest extensive research, that is often conducted by our Catholic School’s greatest critics, Catholic Schools have shown to be the most successful educational environment for not only academic excellence but for the formation of the very best in Catholic moral character.
Article: “The Catholic Schools We Need“, by the Most Rev. Timothy M. Dolan for Americamagazine.org