Schedule of Events
6:30 AM: Registration
6:50 AM: Blessing by Archbishop Etienne
6:55 AM: Golfers Depart for Holes
7:00 AM: Shotgun Start
Complementary Lunch & Prizes In The Club House Immediately Following Golf
Cobra 7 Men’s Drivers
Callaway 3 Wood Fairway
Callaway 60 Wedges
Michael Kors Handbags
Glacier Pilot Ticket
UAA Hockey Season Tickets
And Many More…
FORMAT OF PLAY
Tournament will be a 4 person scramble format
- Each player tees off
- Select the best drive from the 4 tee shots
- Move to the site of the best drive and hit a second shot
- Select the best shot from the 4
- Move to the site of the best second shot and hit or putt a third shot
The team captain records the team’s best ball on the scorecard. The team captain will sign and turn in scorecard. Maximum score for any hole is a bogey (ex. Par 3- 4 Par 4-5 Par 5-6).
- LONGEST DRIVE: Men play #6; Ladies play #14 (must be in the fairway to qualify)
- CLOSEST TO THEPIN: Men play #13; Ladies play #16 (must be on the mowed green to qualify)
$10 per Mulligan. Each player may purchase a maximum of two mulligans. Does not apply to long drive, closest to pin. Mulligans must be used by the purchaser and may not be shared.
$10 per Putt Extender. Each TEAM may purchase a maximum of one 3-foot Putt Extender. Does not apply to long drive, closest to pin.
RULES OF PLAY
- If a team is missing a player, the other team members rotate who takes the extra shot.
- USGA rules govern play except as modified by local course rules listed on scorecard.
- The 14 club rule will not be in effect for this tournament.
- In case of ties, there will be a scorecard playoff with the starting hole being a blind draw the day of the tournament.
- Play winter rules-own fairway only-mark the spot of ball, pick and clean, replace 6″ from original spot no nearer the hole. If a best shot lands in a hazard, the player hitting that ball must mark and hit first.
- Official tees are White for Men and Red for Women.
Sponsorship and Prize Donation Information
As Spring is beginning, we are thinking Golf! Time to tee up and drive for the 2018 Archbishop’s Golf Tournament for seminarian formation.
Our parishes thrive when there is a resident priest. Currently there are 10 parishes and missions in the Archdiocese that do not have a resident priest, and some of our priests are about to retire. Our Catholic faith community is so much stronger when the sacraments are regularly available – baptizing our babies, providing reconciliation and First Holy Communion for our children, serving as role models for our youth and marrying our young and newly old couples. Having a priest to assist in difficult and joyous times makes our families and local church stronger. Seminarian formation will lead to more ordained diocesan priests in our parishes and missions nurturing faith and families.
Please join us in the 2018 Archbishop’s Golf Tournament to fund seminarian formation. We would like you to consider becoming a Sponsor. The 2018 Golf Tournament Sponsorship Opportunities form provides the various sponsor levels available. By assisting to underwrite the costs of the tournament, you assist us to raise more money in support of our future priests. And, if you are a golfer, there are VIP player spots for many of the sponsor levels. We would love to have you with us, but even if you don’t play golf, any donation your organization can make to our tournament is greatly appreciated.
Can we count on your help this year to fund seminarian formation and to keep building the pillars of our Local Church?