Archdiocesean Catholic Schools
As of January 2010, five schools are now members of the Archdiocese of Anchorage Catholic School System. You are encouraged to learn more about these schools by calling to request information, asking for a personal tour or just visiting their websites. Visit our Catholic School Directory.
Our Catholic schools strive to offer each student unique experiences in a faith-based environment that develops outstanding citizens for our country and strong Christian leaders for the church. It is our desire that every student recognizes the importance of their personal role in making this world a better place for all of God’s people today and throughout the future.
Small student-to-teacher ratios provide individual attention for each child and offer the opportunity to challenge students to the excitement of learning and the achievement of their full potential. Strong academics, the development of personal faith and spiritual values, a variety of sports programs, extracurricular activities, and the encouragement to live out the gospel message through service to others, enables our students to make a great contribution to the entire community.
Catholic Schools and Activities
Lumen Christi High School
- December 19 | Teacher In-Service – No School
- December 22/January 2 | Christmas Break – No School
Holy Rosary Academy
- December 12 | Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast – On this day, we honor the Mother of our Lord who appeared to Juan Diego in the mountains of Mexico.
Our Lady of the Valley School – Wasilla
- December 8 | Immaculate Conception – Mass & reception 9am
- December 12 | “The Velveteen Rabbit” $18 per student. Due by 11/25
- December 18 | Mass, Christmas Program & Brunch – Early dismissal Christmas break begins!
- April 18 | “Mad Hatter Tea Party”
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School
- December 16 | Christmas Program – 7:00pm
- December 18 | Christmas Carols – 2:00pm
- December 19-January 2 | Christmas Break
St. Mary’s School – Kodiak
- December 5-17 | Book Fair
- December 6 | Cookies by the Pound
Why Catholic Schools?
We are often asked, by the many people we meet, why anyone would want to choose attending a Catholic School? The answer is quite simple and obvious. Based on a great deal of personal testimony and the very latest extensive research, that is often conducted by our Catholic School’s greatest critics, Catholic Schools have shown to be the most successful educational environment for not only academic excellence but for the formation of the very best in Catholic moral character.
Article: “The Catholic Schools We Need“, by the Most Rev. Timothy M. Dolan for Americamagazine.org